Happy Thursday, kids! I am delighted to be ending my work week today. The lab continues to run on a shoestring and Duck Tape, but at least the atmosphere is a much much happier one, now. 🙂
A wedding shower is being held (by me!) at my house on Saturday and I sort of would have expected someone to be furiously cleaning house around here before now. Strangely enough that someone has come home every day from work this week and taken a nice comfy nap. Reasoning that whatever has set up housekeeping in my larynx likes lot of sleep.
So…..tonight will start the cleaning in earnest. AND, I am going to make double chocolate Biscotti tonight to be the start of my num-nums for the shower! I can’t wait to try this recipe!
Chocolate chocolate Biscotti
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (5 ounce) milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar, margarine and olive oil until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and egg substitute. Combine the flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Stir into the creamed mixture. Fold in the chocolate pieces. Cover, and chill dough for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Roll each piece into a log about 9 inches long. Place the logs onto the prepared cookie sheets about 4 inches apart. Flatten each one down to 1 inch thickness.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until firm. Cool on sheets for 15 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Move the cookie loaves to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, slice each loaf crosswise into 3/4 inch slices. Return slices to the baking sheet cut side down and bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes on each side, until dry and lightly toasted. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
It has been above freezing for a few days and a lot of the snow has melted. There are some huge piles still around, but grass is showing through in many places! It won’t be long until the birds are singing their love songs!
Off to make a cup of tea and start this Biscotti! w00t!